- ABC Awards
- Annual Report
- Board of Directors, Certification Commission, and Committees
- Staff Directory
- Linking Policy
The Association of Boards of Certification (ABC)
In 1972, water and wastewater industry leaders began conversations that developed the groundwork for an association to foster operator certification throughout North America and reduce the diversity among certification programs. From those early discussions, ABC was born.
Today, our Association includes almost 100 certifying authorities, representing more than 40 states, 10 Canadian provinces and territories, as well as several international and tribal programs. These programs have certified more than 240,000 water and wastewater operators, laboratory analysts, plant maintenance technologists, biosolids land appliers, and backflow prevention assembly testers.
Promote integrity in environmental certification throughout the world.
ABC is dedicated to advancing the quality and integrity of environmental certification programs.
- Promote certification as a means of protecting public health, the infrastructure, and the environment.
- Promote uniformity of standards and best practices in certification.
- Serve as the technical resource for certification entities.
- Facilitate the transfer of certification between certifying authorities.
- Serve the needs of our members.